Talk to an addiction therapist to regain hope, healing and a happy life
Désirée Kogevinas provides professional support to clients with addiction issues who wish to change their lives. The client feels secure and is no longer alone. Once addiction is halted, a fulfilling life of light and freedom awaits.
Addictions can ruin even the strongest personalities. When obsession, cravings and the use of substances and compulsive behaviours control a person’s life, their world shrinks. They may feel lonely, guilty, and desperate and ashamed. Asking help from loved ones is too difficult.
The best option is therefore to obtain professional support from an experienced addiction specialist who guides people toward recovery.
Why seeking help from an addiction
therapist is vital
As an experienced therapist supporting clients with alcohol abuse, substance use disorders and compulsive behaviours, Désirée helps clients understand why their cravings occur, providing them with the needed tools to overcome them. During therapy, clients quit – or significantly reduce – their compulsive patterns and develop healthy coping strategies. Clients strengthen their recovery and become autonomous.
Désirée supports clients in therapy to:
- Build their self-esteem and self-worth
- Reduce stress and anxiety levels
- Improve relationships with themselves and others (family, partner, work, social)
- Identify their needs and wants
- Set boundaries for healthy functional relationships.
Désirée also addresses PTSD and early childhood trauma. Trauma often leads to unhealthy survival mechanisms or coping skills.
“Being a highly qualified trauma therapist, Désirée helps clients understand and reduce traumas.” DS, London
Therapy provided by Désirée Kogevinas is not just about helping individuals recover and address underlying issues. It is also about supporting clients in their journey of self-growth and self-development. Désirée tailors each therapeutic approach, session and relationship to the individual client and person, as each human being is unique.
Désirée is competent in both family therapy and couples’ therapy. Providing a crucial element for clients wishing to rebuild their lives and work on their relationships. Therapy is provided in person or online, and may be held at Desirée’s Geneva-based private practice. Desirees work is global and home-treatment and support can be arranged. The priority is for you to feel safe, understood and cared for during therapy, so that therapeutic work may progress.
Areas addressed in therapy
To make a world of difference for clients, Désirée’s therapy offers guidance and support toward a luminous and authentic life. Specific areas can be addressed, including:
- Relational issues and healthier ways of communicating
- Motivational Interviewing techniques applied to addiction
- Applied Pia Mellody Post Induction Therapy, Person-Centred Therapy and Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Helping clients develop perceptions/reactions to stress
- Helping them identify/overcome triggers
- Teaching them to cope with anxiety and depression
- Address co-occurring mental health disorders
- Tackling cross-addictions or multiple addictions
- Offering further therapy for self-growth and support around life issues